Saturday, July 2, 2016

Black Mesh Skirt Review





Hello! Hope you're having a lovely day. Today I'm back with another review from SheIn! I'll be reviewing this long mesh skirt. Buying long skirts online seems so nice in theory when I'm trying to be more adventurous with my style. That's only because I tend to forget that I am so tragically short that any supposedly mid-calve length skirt will look like a poofy prom dress on me.  Sometimes you gotta be like "idgaf" and wear that prom skirt outside in 90 degree weather, though, you feel? FASHION.

  • Waist Size(cm):56-86cm
  • Size Available:one-size
  • Length(cm):86cm
  • Fabric:Fabric has no stretch
  • Season:Fall
  • Pattern Type:Plain
  • Silhouette:Flared
  • Dresses Length:Knee Length
  • Color:Black
  • Material:Polyester
  • Style:Casual/Formal, depends on styling



This skirt has a polyester inner skirt that is covered by two layers of pleated mesh fabric. The outer mesh layers are translucent and extend past the inner skirt by 14 centimeters. The waistband is elastic and stretchy, but tight.



I like how the skirt has a double layer of mesh since mesh is very flimsy and tears easily. Dust and lint get stuck easily in this kind of fabric. I would recommend hand-washing over machine wash.

I had originally wanted to use this skirt for casual wear, but as the length goes past my ankles, I'm afraid I'm not brave enough to pull this off in public (yet). On my body type it looks like formal wear, but I'm sure that on other people, this could be a very versatile item used for both casual and formal wear. When paired with a simple white tee and a leather jacket, this skirt could create some killer streetwear looks. Alternatively, pairing it with a blingy crop top can create a chic prom ensemble.



Rating: /5

I think the buyer gets a good, high-quality item for the price (21.99USD). Thanks to SheIn for sending me this item! Click on their logo to start shopping!  You can find this mesh skirt here on their website.


Read my past reviews on SheIn clothing here!

No comments: